September 12, 2015

The Mormon Plan of Salvation



Yesterday was the anniversary of my Gma's death. She was such an important part of my life. Many things I enjoy today come from special memories I had with her. I still find small reminders of her in my day to day living. Death is a heart breaking life event but I have the strongest of strong testimonies in the Plan of Salvation as taught by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

The Plan of Happiness, as it is also known, is the only thing taught by the LDS church that I have never questioned. The foundations of life and the purposes found in the plan ring true in my heart, mind and soul.

While death is a confusing and terrible time, I am grateful that I have this foundation of faith. I know I will see my Gma again. I know she is with her husband, who died 37 years before her. I know her frailties are gone and she is her vibrant, stubborn self again.

I have questioned a lot of things in the gospel and the church. More so recently then in the past. I have a lot of doubt and convictions of things that are in opposition to modern day policies. I cling to my belief in core doctrine and not in policies of man mingled with scripture. But I am so grateful for my understand in the Plan of Salvation. I know it is true and I am so blessed because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment