April 29, 2012

Places I Want to Move to: #4

As I come belatedly to my last two-ish years in University, I have begun to roughly compile a list of places I want to move to. I am working to become a high school history/government teacher. I was raised in Spokane, Washington, and have lived in Salem/Portland, Oregon for the past 9ish years. I don't like a lot of snow, and I dont like a lot of rain. I am a wimp in the heat and would much prefer 60 degree weather year round. Humidity makes me pouty like a toddler but I can take dry heat.

This is the information that builds the foundation of my decisions. I have a mental list of cities I want to move to while the cities themselves stay constant the rankings are in constant flux. Here is a run down of the current list.


#4 – Seattle

Scenery: I do love the Pacific Northwest. Nothing says home quite like mountains with snow caps. The evergreen trees are like natures safety blanket in my eyes. I love the sight of tall buildings and like having outdoor activities within a short commute.

Weather: I am already use to the rain, though I would not be happy about it. The mild temperatures are ideal. 

Politics: Politically Seattle easily leans left, but does not produce bombastic liberals. The balance of Eastern Washington helps to somewhat stabilize the political governance.

Love Life: There is a healthy dose of gay men to find my mate, though the Mormon heritage is small within the gays.

Career: Education is stable and income is what is to be expected for a high school teaching postion.

Family & Friends: Seattle is somewhat situated between Spokane and Salem, the two concentrations of where my family lives. Easily accessible by car and even easier by plane or train. I do not know of any friends I have living in Seattle already, nor any that plan to move there.

2 comments:

  1. Humidity is GREAT for your skin :-).
    Although some days it can be hard to bare, I appreciate Houston's humidity. I am going to look 10 years younger than my friends when we are like 50.

    And I've always wanted to visit Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan – Yes it is great for the skin, but I'm such a weak pansy when it comes to weather, so I can't take it.

    ReplyDelete