July 6, 2010

Analyzing The Letter From My Mission President

Quinn,

...Thanks for the update and for being so open...

...I understand the predicament regarding seeking to be re-fellowshipped but I hope that does not detract from staying as close as possible with the Lord; getting lost in the scriptures, and keeping as many of the covenants as you reasonably can...

We miss you and hope that if you come this way you will stop by and see us...

Please write periodic voluntary "president's letters" to keep me updated on your life. If I can be of any help please let me know.

Keep smiling,

Love,
Pres -------

3 comments:

  1. I was really anxious to read this response, and the whole topic has been really interesting to me.

    If I got that kind of a response from one of my mission presidents I would be blown away. Not only does he recognize your agency and the unique challenges you face, but he also cares about you enough to stay updated and involved with your life - even if parts of it don't necessarily square 100% with his own. What he said is great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya i agree with El Genio, I've been thinking about how my President would react If I came out to him. We are very close and in April when I was down in UT I had a chance to visit him and his wonderful wife. Gave the status update on my life to a point and then they in good faith tried to hook me up with a "great" sister in their ward.

    Paying tithing, reading scriptures, praying, going to church, serving others, keeping the Sabbath… these are all good habits that I don’t have a problem with. No reason to stop good habits. Yeah, I’m choosing the easy commandments, but I am doing what makes me happy and fulfills a purpose for living. Will I get to the point where I change my mind? Maybe, but I'm not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ El Genio - honestly I am a bit surprised but his response as well. I was expecting a more "church manual" type of response. Definitely gives me more respect and love for him!

    @ AKLDS - I do wonder what it will be like to meet him and his wife now that the secret is out. I am actually anxious to see if they will treat me differently, or tip toe one egg shells or something else.

    ReplyDelete